Medium Velocity AMMUNITION
40 x 51 mm medium velocity ammunition is a new system that allows greater firing distances and improved accuracy over traditional low velocity ammunition.
Energetics Technology’s unique propulsion system ensures surprisingly low levels of recoil and breach pressure, and has been extensively tested in multi-shot weapons such as the XRGL40 as well as under-barrel launchers.
40 x 51mm ammunition is available in a whole suite of natures as a direct replacement wherever low velocity ammunition falls short.
• Unique design allows our 40 x 51mm ammunition to be used in both single and multi-shot weapons systems.
• Ammunition achieves ranges of 850m for area effects and accurate target marking.
• It provides superior accuracy at short ranges with a flatter trajectory.
• With a 220g projectile and low recoil forces (<60J) real effects can be delivered to target.
• The 40mm munitions extraordinary performance is enabled by high precision machining, materials control and manufacture.
• Developed with support from weapon manufacturers (Rippel Effect Pty)
• Customised versions can be quickly developed, manufactured and range tested at Energetics Technology’s UK MOD approved facility.
|850 Metre Range||Training||High Explosive||Parachute Illuminating||Target Marker|
|Measurements:||40 x 130 mm (max)||40 x 135 mm (max)||40 x 135 mm (max)||40 x 130 mm (max)|
|Net explosive content:||20 gs (max)||75 - 95 gs||80 gs||95-100 gs|
|Weight of cartridge:||approx. . 280 gs||approx. . 280 gs||approx. . 280 gs||approx. . 280 gs|
|Weight of projectile approx.||220 gs||220 gs||205 gs||220 gs|
|Velocity V4 approx.||110 m/s||110 m/s||110 m/s||110 m/s|
|Chamber Pressure||170 bar (nominal)||170 bar (nominal)||170 bar (nominal)||170 bar (nominal)|
|Warranty (in original packaging)||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years|
|Service Life (in original packaging)||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|